10 things I love about my husband (I had to limit myself to 10 or you would all quit reading my blog!)
1. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see him across the room. Sorry Ladies, but I have the best looking husband around. Your guys might be nice, but they just can’t hold a candle to My Man.
2. He buys me flowers for no reason, just because I love flowers. And he knows which kinds I like the best and why. One time he mentioned that he liked a particular flowering bush that we walked past. I told him, “That’s a gardenia. I wear gardenia perfume.” He replied, “Oh THAT’S why I like that bush so much!” Gardenia is one of my favorite flowers.
3. He works. He’s responsible with money. He pays the bills on time, I never have to worry about that. He puts away money in savings for us and our kids. He doesn’t believe in having debt. I can trust him with this part of our lives and I never have to worry about it. He’s also a really good Father. He’s involved in the kids’ lives and helps out around the house more than most husbands I know. He works for the good of the family.
4. He’s generous. When we looked for a house to rent we agreed that it needed to be big enough to host large groups of people. We have people over for dinner all the time. When we chose a vehicle we agreed that it needed to be for more than just our family. We wanted to be able to give people rides and haul stuff for ministry. My husband’s thoughts are always for the wellbeing of others. He is generous with his time, money, resources, and talents.
5. He’s athletic. I know I give him a lot of teasing about watching a sport for every season, but I actually like that in a guy. Being athletic, to me, is synonymous with MANLY. I may not enjoy sports personally, but I enjoy watching my husband enjoy sports. (And sometimes when he’s not home, I turn the game on just to make it sound like he’s in the living room watching TV.)
6. I miss him when he’s not around. If we go for too many days with out spending time together I get really cranky. When I’m with him, everything feels better. Even if we have to be apart, we talk on the phone every day. We just like being together!
7. He makes me a better person. Left to my own devices, I’d be a pretty difficult person. He keeps me from saying things I’ll regret later, he helps me see the other side of the situation, he takes me down a few notches when I need it. He lets me talk through my thoughts even when he thinks my ideas are crazy. He encourages me to develop my dreams and talents. One time when I was upset about something he actually told me, “You should go paint, you’ll feel better then.” He’s my soul mate
8. He knows what I look like first thing in the morning and he still loves me. He has seen me pregnant 3 times and knows the havoc that wreaked on my figure and he still loves me. He has seen me with really bad haircuts and he still loves me. He has seen me in the hospital all drugged up and sick and he still loves me.
9. When I was facing cancer treatment he cleared a month and a half off his calendar just to be with me the whole time. He had to call and reschedule meetings and preaching engagements with pastors and churches. He had to UNDO literally months of work to be with me when I was sick. He took care of the kids while I slept for days and days. He was there when I would wake up. We walked through the Valley of the Shadow of Death together, and I love him for that.
10. Finally, he makes me laugh. I laugh nearly every day at something he says or does to entertain me. He does funny little dance moves with the kids. Together they play with their stuffed animals and make them dance and sing. He loves lip syncing to 80’s music which cracks me up. He messes up EVERY movie line and punch line and story he tries to quote… and it’s always funnier when he does it. He makes me happy.
I love you Josh! I’m a happy wife.
Orosi Valley, Costa Rica on our Anniversary